Web Application Developer
Creative professional with ten years of experience in frontend web application development. Equally adept as an individual contributor and team player, partnering with technical and non-technical groups ranging from marketing to engineering to discuss ideas and resolve issues. Focus on performance and user experience, introducing new features, capabilities, and solutions based on changing needs. Continuously learn and apply new, emerging technologies to drive usability and compatibility. Offer experience with web 2.0 technologies, mobile functionality enhancements, widgets, and plugins.
- Shell Scripting
- Flash / AS3
- Web 2.0
- Adobe CS5
- Apache Configuration
- Server OS Installation
Gap San Francisco, CA
Senior UI Developer 2014 - Present
At Gap, I work with a group of talented developers to redesign and modernize Gaps POS and PDA systems Mobile First User Interface, using the latest web 2.0 technologies. Working in teams of two as well as individually, we helped to promote code efficiency, collaboration and knowledge sharing in an Agile environment.
- Worked to build out dynamic and productive applications adapting Object Oriented principles for Gap and Affiliate store POS and PDA devices, using style guides and mockups in order to produce a web platform which would allow data to be shared between stores across the country and improve customer experience while maintaining Gap customer loyalty.
- Worked with the latest Web 2.0 technologies which included HTML5 and AngularJS, the bases for web application development and which functioned on both Desktop and Mobile, RequireJS for dependency loading, CSS3 to provide a lighter styling footprint while taking advantage of newer CSS features and SASS based Framework using Bourbon Neat to help speed up design implementation and incorporate Responsive utility features into our layout while reducing repetitive coding.
- Worked with development tools such as Aptana Eclipse as primary IDE editor, Nodejs to handle local server functions, Ruby/SASS compiler for compiling CSS, Karma/Jasmine for unit testing, Selenium/Cucumber for functional testing, Grunt to tie these technologies together and SVN to interact with our central repository.
- Attended daily scrum meetings in order to give project updates and offer feedback for existing and upcoming projects, bi-monthly meetings to review open and closed projects from previous scrum sessions.
- Worked in an Agile environment, attending daily meetings in order to give project updates and offer feedback for existing and upcoming projects, bi-monthly meetings to review open and closed projects from previous scrum sessions.
- Worked across four teams of developers as primary UI Engineer to help improve UI development by implementing new UI designs, conducting code reviews and sharing of knowledge of UI Development methodologies as well as Lunch and Learn sessions to give overview or training on UI technologies currently being used by the team.
Apple Cupertino, CA
Web Developer - Front-end 2013 - 2014
Worked with 200+ teams to develop and maintain and bring improved web efficiency to web applications for the Apple community. Worked with Web Designers to take PSD layouts and comps and convert them into functioning applications.
- Worked with Concierge backend development team to fix and update existing UI code in the Apple Concierge Mobile Web App. This included fixing known bugs through the use of a custom bug tracking system, modifying existing code and extending custom libraries to add additional functionality which improve the efficiency and ease of use for Apple sales associates when using this app to help their customers.
- Worked on various projects, including MyStore and MyMessage, to create, enhance and fix content issues.
- Developed and/or tested in a Linux environment which included setting up and running Apache/Tomcat/JBoss servers while pulling code from SVN.
VMware Palo Alto, CA
Web Applications Developer 2007 - 2013
Appointed as sole frontend developer for VMware.com, interfacing with marketing and web producers to ensure consistency across supported browsers, including Internet Explorer 6-9, Safari, Chrome, and Opera. Teamed with marketing to create and plan for mobile functionality enhancements on VMware.com. Maintained projects in Perforce and Interwoven Teamsite.
- Partnered with marketing to integrate third-party HTML templates into Interwoven’s content management system; introduced CSS/HTML modifications, created custom jQuery plugin functionality, and modularized content via XSL.
- Developed and/or contributed to key high-traffic pages, including VMware Executive Leadership, VMware Careers, Contact Us, Support & Download, VMware Products, and Megamenu dropdown.
- Implemented 2.0 functionality into VMware.com, including Geo-Location Selector popup, level-two page Carousel Promo ads, and Shadowbox (lightbox) effects on videos, images, and content forms.
- Contributed to installing analytical tracking tools via services such as Google Analytics and Sitecatalyst.
- Incorporated social media widgets, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, into marketing projects.
- Implemented video players using Flash ActionScript to display promotional/training videos on VMware.com.
Xerox Palo Alto, CASolutions Engineer 2005 - 2006
Managed DocuShare OnDemand websites in US and New Zealand, closely interfacing with data center to ensure ongoing service availability for customers. Maintained demo environment with four Red Hat/Windows 2003 servers to support sales team in delivering field presentations to potential customers.
- Served as liaison between sales and engineering to discuss and share ideas for increasing DocuShare’s scalability.
- Delivered web services support for docushareondemand.com and other Xerox websites to improve user interaction and reduce customer support call volume.
- Collaborated with QA team to set up test environments running Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, and DocuShare to reproduce and resolve user issues.
- Managed DocuShare OnDemand for both US and New Zealand sites and worked with Datacenter as the first point of contact to insure services were available to customers.
- Supported other departments in web and programming services to save time for engineering team.
- Certificate in Web Development – De Anza College
- College Studies in Computer Science – Foothill College